Saturday, January 24, 2009

Karen's Christmas Stocking





This is actually the first stocking I knit for Christmas. I looked at several fair ilse stockings and created my own charts. I started one and had to abandon it (actually turned it into a hat) because it was WAY to wide. After modifying the pattern I began again with a count of 32 per side. It was quite tricky doing the math and making sure all the repeats were divisable by 4s and 8s but I worked it out. I am still surprised at how easy fair isle really is. This is also the first time I used the "after-thought heel". It was a little rough cutting the first loop to start picking up stitches but I truely believe this methods is easier and cleaner when working in pattern. I keep learning new tricks with each one I do and I will be making charts and patterns to sell for the next holiday season.
FYI: these are some of the best gifts I have ever made or given. They are heirloom quality and make me smile with a sense of pride. My ultimate goal is to make one for each of my immediate family and to continue the tradition on to my children.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Just Beautiful! You certainly are A Knitting Mountain!!

mohamed said...

شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالخبر

شركة صيانة مكيفات بالخبر
شركة تنظيف مكيفات

شركة تنظيف مكيفات بابها

شركة شراء مكيفات مستعملة بابها


anti.insects7@gmail.com said...

تعرف الان معنا على تقدم ضفل الخصومات العالمية التى لا مثيل لها الان حيث اننا نعمل على تقدم اضفل العروض الرائعة من شركة مكافحة الحشرات التى نقدمة الان وباقل الاسعار الرائعة التى من خلالها نعمل على تقدم افضل افضل شركة مكافحة الحشرات فىق ال وقت ممكن وباقل الاسعار الرائعة لاننا نعمل على تقدم افضل مكافحة حشرات المنزل التى لا مثيل لها الان وباقل الاسعار الرئعة والمختلفة التى نقدمة الان من ابادة حشرات التى نقدمة الن وباقل الاسعار الرائعة

3nod maka said...

مع افضل شركة نظافة بمكة
تأكد انك سوف تحصل على افضل خدمات النظافة و ايضا يوجد خدمات عديده مثل تنظيف مفروشات
باحدث المعدات و ايضا تنظيف خزانات
و ازاله جميع الرواسب و التراكمات التى تتواجد فى الخزانات باقل التكاليف

موقع مذركير said...

احصل الان علي اقوي العرضو المقدمة من كبري شركات مذركير جدة فهنا يعملون علي توفير افضل كوبون خصم مذركير التي يمكنكم الحصول علي افضل خصم مذركير المميز لديهم والتمتع بافضل العروض والاسعار العالمية والمميزة

Video Teraveloka said...

Belajar main judi di era modern tentu tidak sekedar teori permainan saja. Tekhnologi yang semakin canggih juga memudahkan kamu untuk bertransaksi deposit ataupun withdraw. Deposit OVO GOPAY Alfamart adalah salah satu bukti berkembangnya sistem pembayaran untuk (Baca Selengkapnya Disini...)

sivvicoupon said...

استمتع الآن ب كود خصم سيفي الذى يقدم أقوى الخصومات على الملابس الصيفية و الشتوية و الأحذية بجميع أنواعها و أيضا الحقائب الجلدية و القماش الكتف و الوسط و الظهر , كما أنه يمكنك الاستفادة من كوبون خصم سيفي أيضا لشراء كل ما تريده أنت و جميع أفراد أسرتك فى المملكة العربية السعودية و الامارات العربية المتحدة. كما أن كوبون سيفي يوفر لك خدمة توصيل المنتجات حتى باب المنزل.